Oracle has released its quarterly critical patch update for April 2016. The security bulletin that was released states that a total of 136 vulnerabilities have been fixed across the range of software products produced by the company. The software products updates include Oracle Database Server, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Supply Chain Products Suite, Oracle PeopleSoft Products, Oracle JD Edwards Products, Oracle Siebel CRM, and many others.
A Summary of the Reported Vulnerabilities
The following software and product families have been provided fixes, as listed below.
- Oracle Database Server – 5
- Oracle Fusion Middleware – 22
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control – 2
- Oracle E-Business Suite – 7
- Oracle Supply Chain Products Suite – 6
- Oracle PeopleSoft Products – 15
- Oracle JD Edwards Products – 1
- Oracle Siebel CRM – 2
- Oracle Communications Applications – 1
- Oracle Retail Applications – 3
- Oracle Health Sciences Applications – 1
- Oracle Financial Services Software – 4
- Oracle Java SE – 9
- Oracle Sun Systems Products Suite – 18
- Oracle Virtualization – 4
- Oracle MySQL – 31
- Oracle Berkeley DB – 5
Recommended Course of Action
It is strongly recommend that users and administrators update their systems with the most recent patches with immediate effect.
For more information on the patches, see the Oracle’s security advisory at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/security-advisory/cpuapr2016v3-2985753.html.